Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where's the Fire?

So here it is. The first post. And the observation that sparked the idea for a blog.

I'm rounding a right corner the other day in the car, attempting to slow down to make the turn - presumably a safe one - and things were going great when I checked the rearview mirror.

As I slowed down more, my brain misfired when I looked back in the mirror one second later, because this time there was a menacing grimace coming from thick lips of a woman with a high stack of hair and Linda Richman-style brown shades shearing through my back windows into my pupils.

Judging from her concentrated grin and tight hunch over the tan steering wheel of her roaring aqua-blue Jaguar, I imagine she wanted me to turn as fast as the natural forces of gravity and mechanical physics would allow. My question to her out loud was "where's the fire crazed lady?"

Maniacal tailgaters - what's up with them and where's the fire?

No comments: